The Office of Asia Engagement leads efforts to build strategic partnerships in Asia. OAE provides services to faculty, deans, and department heads by researching and assessing partnership requests, helping build strategies and tactics to increase international enrollment, advance programs’ global reputation, and reach internationalization goals. OAE also helps coordinate site visits overseas.
In 2021, OAE has established MOUs and is actively working on various collaborations with Kobe University, Gakushuin University, and Kansai Gaidai University in Japan, Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University in Philippines, Kyung Hee University in South Korea, and Nanjing Normal University in China. For more information, please contact Dr. Rachel Rui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: OAE attending the 2022 2nd PH-US University Partnerships Networking Event held by the US Embassy in Philippines and the Commission on Higher Education
OAE is part of the Global Partnership Committee that builds and implements global partnership strategies focused on increasing international enrollment.
- Em Chitty, Interim Director, English Languages Institute, Center for Global Engagement
- Wendolyn Davis, Ph.D., Director, Transfer Center, Enrollment Management
- Sonja Jackson, Ph.D., Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator, the Graduate School
- Rachel Rui, Ph.D., Director, Office of Asia Engagement, Office of Communications, Center for Global Engagement
- Stephanie Sieggreen, MBA, Director of International Recruitment, Enrollment Management
Get in touch with us. Oae@utk.edu