Reporting directly to the Office of the Provost, the Center for Global Engagement works to lead, coordinate, and support the university’s strategies for global education, research, and engagement.
Our responsibilities include:
- developing and managing international partnerships
- welcoming and assisting international students and scholars
- providing education abroad opportunities for our students
- creating international and inter-cultural programming for the campus and the broader community
With a staff numbering more than 35 individuals, CGE is organized into six major units:
- Asia Engagement
- English Language Institute
- Global Research Office
- International House
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Programs Abroad
With approximately 1,200 international students from over 100 different countries, some 500 international scholars, and more than 1,500 UT students studying abroad every year, the CGE keeps UT connected around the world.